A huge congratulations is in order for Merry finally finding her forever home in Portland, OR with Kristin & Mario P!! It took over a year and a plane ride clear across the country for her to find her home..but just look at the happiness!!!
Her story. . .
Who’s your daddy?? We know mom, Sophia, is a Coonhound but no idea who daddy is! Who cares? She’s as cute as a button. We do think her dad was probably a black lab though..not too hard to figure that one out! She and her 3 brothers were born in a shelter so they got a bad start in life. And almost didn’t live past the age of 1 week as they were on death row. We pulled mom and this little litter when the pups were only 1 week and 1 day old. These guys are all much larger than a beagle! All of Mary’s siblings were adopted at 8 weeks of age, but not Merry. She was born on 9/20/11 and
Merry is all grown up now and weighs approx. 45-50 lbs. She is about the size of a black lab. Her personality is shy and a bit reserved at first, but when she wags, she wags her whole body with excitement. She likes to play fetch and would be a great only dog!
She was an adorable puppy so we are including a puppy picture below, and also one of her mom, Sophie.
[tabs tab1=”Stats” tab2=”Behavior” tab3=”Health”]
- DOB: 9/20/11
- Fully vaccinated
- Heartworm tested: Neg
- From: West Virginia shelter
- Current location: Oregon
- Very playful
- Shy at first
- Good with other dogs, but would be fabulous as an only dog
- Would be good for families, with or without children (she loves kids!)
- If being adopted with kids, older kids, 10+ would be ideal due to her size
- Merry needs some basic obedience but responds well to certain things. She is a quick learner.
[tab]Known health issues:
- Merry contracted puppy cellulitis when she was only 2 months old. This condition takes months to treat and she finished her treatment in February, 2012. She is all clear. This is an immune mediated condition and we are told by our specialists that she will not get this again. It is a “puppy” condition – not present in adult dogs. No lasting effects.
[one_third] [images_mini_gallery width=”299″ height=”200″]http://www.cascaderescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/merry2-10-20-11.jpg[/images_mini_gallery][/one_third]
[one_third][images_mini_gallery width=”299″ height=”200″]http://www.cascaderescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/HPIM2397.jpg[/images_mini_gallery] [/one_third]
[one_third_last] [images_mini_gallery width=”299″ height=”200″]http://www.cascaderescue.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Merry_3a.jpg[/images_mini_gallery] [/one_third_last]